- Access any 2.5" hard drive or solid state drive from any USB enabled computer, for data migration or drive cloning
- Software/OS Compatibility: Windows XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2003 (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ 7 (32/64-bit)/ 8/8.1 (32/64-bit) Mac OS X, Linux
- Back up important data to an external storage device. Retrieve data from an old SATA drive
- Create an external storage solution on the go, for desktops, laptops or Ultrabook computers. Use with an SSD drive to externally upgrade your laptop hard drive via USB 3.0
- Note - Cable will work only with 2.5" SATA drives, no need power adapters. 3.5"/5.25" drives are not supported
Publisher: Whizzotech Corp.
Details: This USB 3.0 to SATA adapter cable lets you connect a 2.5in SATA hard drive or solid state drive to your computer through an available USB 3 port. The cable supports UASP, allowing for transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, which enables you to utilize the full potential of your SATA III SSD/HDD, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller. See our UASP testing results below for further details. This portable, cable-style adapter makes it easy to swap between hard drives without having to install your drives in an enclosure, and features a lightweight design with no external power required, for easy storage in a laptop bag or carrying case. Improved Performance with UASP UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.